How Do You Clean Plantoys
How Do You Clean Your Plantoys?
When you have Plan Toys wooden toys, you can’t just chuck them in the dishwasher to clean, they need a bit more care. But with a bit of love they will last years. Here we go through the top tips on how to look after your plan toys wooden toys and tell you what the material planwood is!
If your plantoys are made from solid rubber wood then please following the following instructions:
- When your child finishes playing with their plantoys wooden toy, then simply use a damp cloth to wipe their toys down. Then to dry the toy off, before you put it away, use a dry cloth or towel to dry. It is important to ensure wooden toys are completely dry before you store them away.
- You don’t need to use any chemical cleaners on your wooden toys, and strong chemical cleaners may damage your toys. Also, they may leave toxins and residue on a toy which your child then puts in your mouth. There are plenty of natural alternatives which are safe and non toxic like apple cider vinegar which can be used. We recommend making up a mixture of vinegar, water and maybe an essential oil and keeping it in a spray bottle, handy to use whenever you need to.
- If you have any of the Plantoys made from Planwood then you cans wash them up normally but it is not recommended to put them in a dishwasher. Further you should not leave planwood toys soaking for long periods in water.
For General Care of your toys we recommend the following care instructions:
- Keep toys - especially ones that contain rubber parts - in a dry environment, and avoid high temperatures and direct sunlight.
- Examine your toys regularly to ensure that they are in good condition. Look for any toys which may have cracks etc and remove them if they are dangerous.
- For water toys, do not soak them in water for over 24 hours. Use a clean cloth to wipe them dry after playing and then set them in a neutral environment to continue drying.
- Never store toys with food remains on, it will turn to mould.
What is Plantoys Planwood?
Planwood is a Plantoys patented own material. It is made from their waste sawdust and their e-zero plant based glue. Planwood originated from their desire to improve their employees’ health and hygiene. They noticed that there was always a lot of sawdust leftover from toy production and it was being wasted. This went against the ethos of what Plan Toys is about, using every bit of material and having no waste. Sawdust is created from the manufacturing processes like sanding etc. But now it is 100% reused in the factory and has created a super durable, waterproof material. Because of its water resistance and flexibility, we can create wooden water toys and design uniquely-shaped products
Every bit of the tree is used by Plantoys. Even the roots! The roots are ground down and made into wood pellets which generates clean green electricity for their factory and all the surrounding villages.
Biomass Gasification Power Plant
At PlanToys, we turn food waste from their staff canteen into biogas, which is a renewable energy that is environmentally-friendly. The biogas is used to cook the staff meals, and any waste is used.. To make biogas… it's a never ending cycle of reuse!
Plan Toys Reforestation Program
An important aspect of the Plantoys sustainability is reforesting their local area. Each year the Plan Group employees gather to plant new trees in the local forests. So far they have planted over 50,000 trees. They call this their reforestation programme and it is just one programme they do as part of their social and environmental commitments to their staff and the community they are based in. Everything about plantoys is based on the philosophy of being sustainable and being environmentally friendly and reducing their impact on our planet.
Eco-friendly Work Environment
Another vital aspect of the plantoys philosophy is looking after their employees. They are an equal opportunities employer but they also ensure their employees enjoy a high quality of life.
The PlanGroup co-operative shop allows their staff to buy produce at well below market prices. They offer their staff interest free loans and also offer extra employment and training for those staff who want to earn extra income. They also help their staff farm organically and provide organic produce for their own families. This is part of their sustainability programme but also just wanting to create a happy workforce. The PlanGroup believes having a happy motivated workforce boosts productivity and therefore profit.