Is Ergobaby Safe for Newborns?
When used correctly, at the right age and right position, and following the HANDS safety guidelines, an Ergo baby carrier is very safe for newborn babies.
When you have a new baby, you will need to find a way to make sure that your little one is comfortable and secure at all times. A great way to do this is by using an Ergobaby carrier that can be used while you are out and about, or even whilst doing the housework. Baby Carriers are great for bonding with your baby, but keeping a baby safe must be your priority.
Depending on the carrier, and whether it needs an infant insert or is from birth, you can usually use them from the moment your baby is born. Babies need to have close contact with their parents. It is also a good idea to use a carrier when you are taking your baby out for the first time. It is a good idea to practice skin-to-skin contact as soon as possible. If your baby is too big for the carrier, you may need to purchase an infant insert.
Know when and how to carry your baby in different positions.
The four baby-carrying positions are:
- Front inward facing
- Front outward facing
- Hip carry or side carry
- Back carry
Your baby's weight, age, and developmental stage should be taken into account when carrying him or her in different ways. It is important that you check the manual that came with your Ergobaby carrier to make sure that your baby can fit in the carrier. The following are the recommended positions for babies of different ages:
- For newborns should always be only carried front inward facing, never in any other position in any Ergobaby. Depending on whether you need an infant insert or not depends on the carrier style, check manual if you are not sure.
- Front outward facing: 4 to 6 months (Baby's neck must be strong enough to hold up his head independently)
- 6 months is a good amount of time for a baby to be able to sit up on his own and be able to stand up on his own. You may find yourself feeling a little worn out at times, but it's well worth the effort to make sure that your baby is safe and secure. A great way to do this is to carry your baby in your arms while he is on his tummy. This way, your baby will be able to get used to being carried Six months back carry.
- Your little one is getting used to the idea of being carried around by you, and he's starting to ask questions about the world around him. If you're looking for a great carrier for your baby, look no further than the 360 Baby Carriers. The 360 Baby Carriers are designed to be used by both parents and their babies, so you can rest assured that your baby will be protected.
Know how to carry a baby in a safe manner
The most important thing to you is to make sure that your child is protected at all times. When you are using a carrier for your child, you will feel safer and more secure.
Here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Babies should always be carried in a proper position
- HANDS guidelines should always be followed. Head, Airway, Knees to Knee, Deep Seat, and Secure
Next Up: How Can You Tell a Fake Ergo?