Natural Grooming Products for Men
When it comes to choosing grooming products for men, or women for that matter, there are an insane amount of brands and products to choose from. Men's toiletries including deodorant, moisturiser, soap and hair care are available pretty much everywhere.
However, not all grooming products for men are created equal and many contain chemicals and other ingredients that you might want to think twice about putting on your skin. These products also often contain chemicals and other ingredients that are harmful to the planet. This might be due to the way they are grown, harvested, mined, or otherwise acquired, or the effect they have after you have used them. For example the effects of microbeads that end up in the ocean, or the endless pile of plastic that accumulates as you use another tube of toothpaste, bottle of face wash or plastic disposable razor.
The benefits of natural grooming products
There are many benefits of using natural grooming products over conventional products that may encourage you to switch up your routine or give you a great place to start when you are looking for new products.
1. The environmental impact
Many conventional products use ingredients, production methods or packaging that are not good for the environment. Because of this choosing natural products will reduce the environmental impact.
2. They are kinder to your skin.
Many of the chemicals used in conventional products can act as irritants, especially if you have sensitive skin. Artificial ingredients can cause irritation, redness and even allergic reactions.
3. They are better for your body as a whole
Your skin is the body's largest organ and it is porous, meaning it absorbs anything you put on it. If you are using products that contain lots of chemicals, artificial colours and fragrances or other ingredients. These can accumulate in the body and have negative effects including disrupting the endocrine system, affecting hormones and increasing our toxic load.
Natural male grooming
Natural male grooming products are also readily available, effective and created to be kind to both your body and the planet.
If you are looking at making a switch to a more sustainable and natural grooming routine there are lots of products you can switch that will make a big difference. A few of these include:
- Choosing a natural deodorant. We have a great range to choose from that are all natural and plastic free. They are made without aluminium that blocks pores, and instead work with the body to keep you feeling dry and fresh.
- Switching to a reusable razor. If you use disposable razors that’s a lot of plastic waste over a lifetime. Using a reusable safety razor means you just replace the blade, that can be recycled.
- Switch your toothbrush to bamboo. Again this is a lot of plastic waste you are no longer creating. You can also switch to toothpaste tablets rather than a plastic tube of toothpaste, and choose a toothpaste that is made from natural ingredients.
- Choose natural shaving products, whether that’s using a natural soap or a natural oil or balm, these will be made without chemicals. They will nourish the skin and at the same time not have a negative environmental impact.
Next Up: Designing a Manís Skincare Routine