Our childrens' toothpastes are 100% natural and vegan, so they're perfect for kids. They come in eco-friendly, recyclable or compostable packaging. We also have a range of fun flavours to choose from! For older children you can choose our zero waste toothpaste tablets. You won't have to worry about any harmful chemicals or artificial colours getting into your children's mouths anymore when they use our natural toothpaste. Keep your oral hygiene healthy the natural way!
If you have a child that is old enough to brush their own teeth, then it's important to find the best minty fresh toothpaste for them. Organic toothpaste is free of harmful ingredients like fluoride and artificial sweeteners. Our natural range of toothpaste also contains natural herbs that help protect teeth from cavities and gum disease and promote healthy gums and strong teeth and is safe if swallowed! Once children brush their teeth and gums morning and evening, it's important to get them toothpaste they will enjoy using whether that is mint toothpaste or strawberry toothpaste, we have the complete range whatever their preference!.
Natural kids toothpaste is the best way to make sure your child has healthy teeth and gums, its usually made from certified organic products like corn starch gum or dental grade chalk. Organic children spearmint toothpaste will not contain any harmful chemicals that may harm the teeth, mouth, or throat. Organic toothpaste contains natural ingredients such as xylitol for better oral health. You can choose whether to have childrens toothpaste with fluoride or fluoride free toothpaste for children. Fluoride toothpastes will contain fluoride and this is a personal choice or based on recommendation from your dentist. There is a lot of incorrect information online regarding this, so it is important to discuss this choice with your dentist. Toothpastes free from sls and fluoride work effectively at removing plaque and reduces bacterial growth.
A common misconception is that organic toothpaste is more expensive and not as effective. However, although it contains no artificial colours or flavours it is healthier for your kid's mouths! It also has added benefits such as a naturally clean, whitening teeth, and fighting cavities and is vegetable derived, and where organic supports organic farming.
Six reasons to switch to organic and natural toothpaste for your children:
- Organic children's toothpaste is non-toxic, free of harmful chemicals and dyes, are SLS free and paraben-free so will protect gums without introducing toxins.
- It is made with natural ingredients that are safe for your child's sensitive teeth and reduces bacterial regrowth
- It has fluoride to help prevent cavities
- The taste may be more appealing than other brands, according to some parents and kids
- Organic toothpaste does not contain any artificial sweeteners or flavours but does contain beneficial ingredients like antioxidant olive leaf extract or mandarin aloe vera
- You can feel good about using it because you know the company cares about your family's health
How to brush your child's teeth
Clean your child's teeth with certified organic toothpaste safe by placing the toothbrush bristles at a 45-degree angle towards the gum line and jiggling it gently but continuously to gently brush teeth. Use the same technique on all surfaces of your child's teeth. For chewing surfaces, brush them in a light backwards and forward motion. When finished rinse remaining toothpaste out. When it's made from organic ingredients it's ok if they swallow it, which is very reassuring! When the toothpaste is made from non-organic ingredients it is more important to rinse out and ensure they do not swallow.
When should you brush a child's teeth?
You should start brushing your child's teeth when they are 2 years old. You should start brushing babies gums from a few months old.
You should brush your child's teeth twice a day.
- The first time you start brushing their teeth, use a pea-size amount of toothpaste on the toothbrush and gently brush from top to bottom without applying too much pressure or scrubbing vigorously. You can alternate between cleaning upper and lower molars for children with mixed dentition.
- Once your child's teeth fully erupt, you can switch to just brushing the visible surfaces of their teeth for toddlers and preschoolers; use a pea-size amount of toothpaste on the toothbrush and with the toothpaste gently brush teeth. Ensure you use toothpaste for kids which is safe if swallowed by babies.
- As they get older, gently brush their teeth one side of the mouth at a time, from top to bottom with gentle circular motions.
- After brushing, you should use a dry or damp soft toothbrush to clean the gum line and around the teeth.
- After brushing get your child to rinse the remaining toothpaste out. Though leave some as it will continue protecting the teeth and reduces bacterial growth or bacterial regrowth, letting some organic paste remain provides protective action against bacterial growth.
Toothpaste such as organic mandarin toothpaste, aloe vera toothpaste or spearmint aloe vera toothpaste which is certified organic also strengthens teeth with a mild abrasive that removes the film left by sugary foods and drinks on teeth without damaging the enamel or gums like regular toothpaste do with harsh chemicals to remove tartar build-up from hard-to-reach places near your gums where brushing misses some food buildup and plaque bacteria hide out in these spaces between your gums and teeth where they thrive, causing all of these problems. Once children are older it is important to teach them how to dental floss preferably after each meal.
As a parent, you are responsible for your child's oral hygiene. Natural toothpaste is the best choice for your child and helps them to have healthy teeth and gums. It has natural ingredients that protect its teeth from cavities while providing a refreshing taste and is often certified organic. It also may have fluoride (check each one), which strengthens the enamel on their teeth to grow up with healthy teeth. It comes in many flavours, including peppermint, spearmint, cinnamon, bubblegum, and grapefruit, which help reduce bacterial regrowth! Your children will love brushing their teeth because of how they really fruity taste! Some people think you should insist kids are given minty flavour fresh toothpaste because that's what they need to get used to. We say, if it helps and is encouraging kids to brush their gentle delicate milk teeth, let them have the fruity flavours like organic children mandarin flavour or even aloe vera toothpaste.
Green people organic children toothpaste contains fluoride and natural plant extract. It is important to discuss with your dentist whether you should use toothpaste with fluoride or fluoride-free. Xanthan gum is a natural product that is used as an additive in foods. It is used in natural toothpaste to make it thicker. We love green people organic children toothpaste because it gives this fluoride option for kids. If you are raising organic children, it is great to choose as fluoride removes plaque, which is vital to help their delicate teeth. Other ingredients calcium carbonate are included. Calcium carbonate is a dietary supplement that acts as a calcium fortifying agent when the diet does not provide enough calcium. Calcium is vital to almost all of our bodies functions.
As an ethical company we ensure all of our products are fairly traded and we ensure our manufacturers have a modern slavery statement. We have a range of vegan toothpastes for those who wish to just use vegan products.