Struggling to find the perfect gift for your mum? Or Aunty, sister, friend or grandma for that matter. We have a great range of ethical gifts that are mum and planet approved and are guaranteed to put a smile on her face no matter what the occasion.
Gorgeous Gifts for Beautiful Mums
Browse our range of ethical, organic and unique Mother's day gifts and find something she'll love. Show your mom how much you love her, and our mother earth, this Mother's Day. Whether natural soy fair trade candles, to organic skin care and pampering, or even just some scrummy fair trade chocolate, we're sure to have something here to make her smile.
Mothers are amazing all year round. But Mothering Sunday is the perfect time to find something special to let mum know just how great she is. Baba me is all about mum's and their babies and with that in mind we have compiled a great range of eco-friendly ethical gifts that make perfect mother's day ideas.
Shop unique ethical gifts at Babame and show mum you care by buying something other than flowers this year. Our fair trade eco gifts range from super soft bamboo socks to luxurious organic skincare or divine scented candles and would be just great as stocking fillers or unique gifts to thank mum for being wonderful at any time of year.
Mum's are magical creatures who often put their children's wellbeing so far ahead of their own that they forget (or are unable to) make time for themselves. If your mum deserves spoiling with a really special present this year we've got some great gifts to guarantee you loads of brownie points. All these ideas would also make great birthday gifts or Christmas gifts for that matter.
For mum's who deserve a bit of me time, there's nothing nicer than being treated to breakfast in bed or a solitary bath with a scented candle and essential oils. We have everything you need to create the perfect at-home spa experience and a great range of fairly traded artisan tea and coffee to accompany the breakfast.
The Baba me egg cup bath gift set is a great gift for kids to give and could easily be combined with a teacup and some delicious tea if you have more than one baby to buy from. Mum get's some luxurious relaxing bath treats to use now and a rainbow breakfast set to brighten her morning every day. Or you could opt for one of the bath gift sets and include a voucher for a couple of hours of uninterrupted me time in your mother's day card.
Our fair trade accessories also make lovely mother's day gift ideas for about the same price as a bouquet of flowers. Treat her to one of the handmade bracelets or a necklace that will last much longer and remind her of you every time she wears it. Pop it in one of our fair trade mulberry paper gift bags and you're good to go. Or spoil her with a handmade goat leather tote bag.
Our organic natural skin care ranges are proving very popular and make a really special treat especially if your mum doesn't usually spoil herself. The gift sets are a great way to get started if you aren't sure which products to choose. The Kinvara sets are absolutely stunning and the products are like little bottles of magic and the Lyonsleaf sets offer a whole beauty regime in one eco-friendly package.
Alternatively, you could put together your own personalised mother's day gift baskets and mix and match the things you think mum would like best.
Check out our top 10 gifts for every mum, in no particular order, to get you started.
Here are our top picks:
- Socks! The Thought Pastoral Bamboo Socks Gift Box is a great alternative to flowers this mother's day. Incredibly soft, beautifully packaged and great for your feet these are a practical treat she'll love. Just don't be surprised if she asked you where you got them from as once you try these socks you won't want to wear any other socks ever again.
- A Fair Trade Throw. We have a great range of fair trade throws at Baba me in colours to suit every decor and made from everything from cotton and wool to recycled clothing or plastic bottles. It's tough to pick a favourite but we particularly like the classic design of the cotton herringbone weave throws for Mothering Sunday. Or if you really want to spoil her the Pachamama Hoxton throw with or without matching cushion, is simply gorgeous and so incredibly warm she might never want to take it off.
- A fair trade photo frame is always a nice gift and you can choose a favourite photo of you and your mum to go inside. The multi-aperture frames are a great gift for granny if you have multiple grandkids to capture. And if you don't have the perfect picture? Take her somewhere nice and get a picture taken to remind you of the day.
- Tea. Sometimes mum's are so busy that a five-minute break for a cup of tea is the best she can hope for. So why not treat her to some really amazing artisan tea that will make those five minutes as good as they can possibly be. We highly recommend throwing in a bar of chocolate as well, she might even share it with you.
- A scarf. A nice new scarf is a great way to freshen up an outfit and add an extra layer of warmth on a cold chilly day. The lightweight bamboo scarves from Thought are gorgeous, sustainable and come in a variety of colours to suit every complexion.
- Bath Treats. Taking time out to have a bath is a great way to relax and unwind after a long day. Our range of handmade organic bath treats make the perfect way to turn a bath into a luxury spa experience that will leave your skin soft and your mind revitalised.
- A scented candle. Smells have the power to relax, invigorate and evoke memories. Burning a candle in your home not only adds atmosphere and scent but can help you relax or boost your mood depending on the fragrance. Wild Olive make a great range of soy wax candles with wooden wicks that crackle like a fire when they burn. A lovely gift for any occasion, not just mother's day.
- A Mirror. Mirror mirror on the wall who's the fairest of them all You of course mum. And mirrors make great wall art to brighten up your home and add light and space.
- Seedballs. Flowers are a lovely gift but they don't last long and it can be hard to find ethical flowers grown in the UK. Why not give some wildflower seeds instead and plant them together in a spot they will be enjoyed for years to come.
- A U Konserve insulated tumbler. Simple and stylish, these tumblers are perfect for keeping drinks cold on a hot day. Ideal if mum doesn't get much time to sit still. And they come with a lid to limit spills if little ones are running around.
And if you really can't decide or your children are too small to buy you a present but you would still like a surprise, our mystery boxes are a great way to let someone else choose. Pop a not in the comments and our brilliant customer service and warehouse teams will act as your personal shoppers and choose a unique gift from anything in our eco range.
And if you're not sure you can handle the gamble. Choose one of our gift cards and let mum pick herself the perfect gift.
Alternative non-gift mother's day ideas
Finally, mother's day doesn't have to be about buying things. Sometimes the perfect gift might simply be spending time together. You could gather together her favourite recipes and make her a nice meal or have fun doing DIY or crafts together.
Personalised handmade greeting cards make a lovely keepsake or you could spend time making some treat vouchers that she can cash in at a time of her choosing. This could be anything from I promise to make you a cup of tea or tidy up for children or the promise of a day out together.
If you are looking for fantastic gifts, look no further than our collection.