Shampoo bars are the ultimate in natural hair care. They're made with all-natural ingredients and free from harsh chemicals like sulphates, parabens, silicone, metal derivatives and benzyl alcohol. Plus they come in a convenient bar form that's easy to use on the go!
Our range of shampoo bars will leave your hair feeling soft and looking shiny without weighing it down or leaving residue behind. You'll be amazed at how soft and healthy your hair will feel after using our range of easy-to-use shampoo bars which leave it in an amazingly natural condition. Shop our shampoo bars collection today and give your hair the care it deserves!
Shampoo Bars Pros & Cons
- Plastic Free
- Palm Oil Free
- Better for the environment
- Full of natural ingredients
- Free from nasties & toxins like parabens and silicone
- Zero waste
- Allow you hair to be in great condition naturally
- Much better for people with sensitive skins or scalps
- Much better for people with damaged hair, they are much more gentle on your hair.
- Much better for people with coloured hair
- Cruelty-free, all of the products on our site are cruelty-free, you can rest assured we would only bring in cruelty-free beauty products
- Many are vegan. Not all, so make sure to look on the ingredients list as we do stock some non-vegan bars like goats milk shampoo.
- Much better for your locks and our planet.
- Naturally hydrating with amazing natural ingredients like coconut oil, shea butter and tea tree oil.
- Good choice for people with fragile hair, they will smooth it without making it weaker.
- Best choice for fine hair
- Each bar you buy stops 2 plastic bottles from going to the landfill! Each bar is equivalent to using one plastic bottle of regular shampoo.
- You won't need to use a conditioner as much if at all and if you do choose a conditioner bar to save even more plastic waste!
- May need to go through a transition phase
- If in a hard water area may need to do an apple cider vinegar rinse
- Maybe a residue if you don't rinse out correctly
No Plastic Waste
Our natural bar collection is also completely plastic-free or comes in recyclable packaging so you can detox your hair and reduce your waste at the same time. You can also combine it with natural conditioner bars for the perfect zero waste solution, much better for everyone! Plastic bottles waste is a huge issue and these simple switches allow us to very easily reduce plastic waste in our lives.
Solid Shampoo Bar are the Natural Choice
These fantastic bars contain no nasty chemicals to strip your hair and work to naturally give you your most beautiful hair. Full of naturally moisturising and hydrating ingredients like cocoa butter, coconut oil, peppermint oil, macadamia oils, hemp seed. They are specially formulated to cleanse your hair without stripping it of its natural oils.
Natural Hair Care Products
These natural hair care products are packed with minerals and nutrients that nourish the hair from root to tip. They are usually made with natural ingredients, pure essential oils and botanicals.
Putting nutrients back into your hair and scalp will give you healthier hair growth and will relieve you of that itchy sensitive flaky scalp. You might have been using an anti-dandruff shampoo thinking that you have dandruff when in fact your scalp has been reacting to the shampoo you’ve been using.
Free from parabens & silicone
Our range of all-natural hair care products is free from parabens and use ingredients that will give a lovely lather without resorting to chemicals.
Some have added essential oils such as tea tree oil for oily hair, argan oil for dry hair, aloe vera for sensitive scalp. They are all palm oil free.
How to store your Shampoo Bar
You can either use a soap dish or a soap pouch. Either is a good option. Some of our bars come in metal tin which is another great option. The key is to ensure the bar dries between uses.
They are great for all hair types and can especially help to regulate oily hair. They don't take up much space in your wash bag or shower and are more economical than buying a liquid shampoo.
Organic Shampoo Bar
An organic shampoo bar can bring benefits such as increased volume, faster-growing hair, reduced dandruff, shinier hair and less frizz. If you have curly hair, you can have more defined curls with better control. Shampoo bars are good for all hair types and hair lengths.
Instead of the conventional liquid form, shampoo bars are basically natural shampoo in solid bar form. Regular shampoos are chemical-laden filled with nasty chemicals like parabens and other harsh chemicals that strip our hair off with its natural moisture. On the other hand, shampoo bars are made from natural ingredients like pure essentials oils and botanicals that are usually cruelty-free.
Fragrance Free Shampoo Bar
They come either scented or unscented. Additionally, shampoo bars come in eco-friendly packaging too! Most of these shampoo bars come in cardboard boxes that are recycled or biodegradable. When using a shampoo bar, you can keep your hair healthy while looking out for our environment.
Types of Solid Bar
There are 3 types of solid shampoo bars; glycerin-based, cold-processed and solid surfactants. Glycerin-based shampoo bars are the most gentle but these solid shampoos don’t create much lather. Cold-processed shampoo bars are usually homemade and may contain higher pH levels than other shampoo bars which make them the perfect shampoo bar for conditioning damaged hair.
Solid surfactants shampoo bars are ideal to be used with hard water and they are great for removing any dirt build up in the hair. These shampoo bars generally contain essential oils that are fantastic at keeping your hair soft, shiny and clean.
How to Right Choose the Shampoo Bar For You
Choose what is best for your hair with all the variations available. If you still do not know the right shampoo bar for your hair, do not hesitate to contact the manufacturer of the solid shampoo bar and ask them questions about their products.
There are even solid shampoo bars that help in regrowing hair like Three Hills Soap’s Solid Shampoo Maca. And for oily hair, we highly recommend Janni bars. This shampoo bar does a good job at absorbing sebum from the hair while nourishing the scalp.