Which Is Better Ergobaby or Lillebaby?
Ergobaby vs Lillebaby
One of the most popular questions we get in our shop, when parents are contemplating a new baby carrier is which is better, the LILLEbaby Complete or the ERGO 360.
One of the benefits in coming into our shop is that we are all trained baby wearing consultants, so you know you are getting expert independent advice on the best baby carrier for you.
The Lillebaby Complete
There tends to be a bit of confusion regarding the Lillebaby models. But basically, the airflow, all seasons, original, organic, embossed are all just styles of the one model, the Lillebaby Complete. I will admit instantly, it's my go to carrier when people come in for a demo in the shop as it's just so versatile and comfy!
Six carrying positions.
- Outward-facing carry
- Wide seat front carry (inward facing)
- Hip carry
- Fetal position
- The Lillebaby is very easy to put on and take off. It's also a lot more adjustable and easier than many other carriers. I have a shoulder injury and I personally find this the easiest carrier to put on.
- It has a large storage pouch that can hold a phone, wallet, keys, and a change of clothes.
- If you're looking for a carrier that can handle both hot and cold weather, look no further than the LILLEbaby All-Season Carrier. Just zip the cotton panel down to allow the air to circulate. I find this useful as a very 'hot' person in all weathers. Again, its all about choice with the Lillebaby and options.
- The LILLEbaby can be used by a baby weighing from 7 to 35 pounds. If you have seen any of our demo videos, you will know that our staff have carried large 4 year olds easily and comfortably in their Lillebaby.
- Less pretty prints than some brands like Tula.
- The rear lumbar support needs to be taken on and off to adjust the carrying positions.
- The waistband of the jacket is a little too wide for some people's tastes.
THE ERGO 360
Four carrying positions:
- Front carry (towards parent)
- Front carry (outward-facing)
- Hip carry
This is a well made, durable carrier, made of 100% cotton, with good features. The brand is probably the best known ergonomic baby carrier brand on the market (and the most counterfeited so only ever bought from a reliable site!)
- The fabric is very durable, and the quality is high.
- The ERGO is a well-known name in the field of baby products. Ergo baby launched the first ergonomic baby carrier on the market.
- The carrier does not have a pocket. This might seem like a small point but when you carry regularly you don't want to also have to carry a bag or a purse, a little pocket to put your phone/card/keys in is essential.
- The older model has a velcro fastener on the belt, not a buckle. The first time I tried this it destroyed my jumper and woke up the baby I had.... It is much more difficult to put on and take off than the newer model, which has a belt at the waist.
- You have to buy a separate insert for infants under 12 pounds.
- For me, I have a shoulder injury and I find this the hardest of all carriers to bucklet up. It's just.. awkward. There is much less flexibility with it and compared to other carriers, it's a faff.
- The fabric is just... thick and durable but not soft and cosy.
For about 99% of the parents I help, the verdict is always the Lillebaby wins hands down. Only one gentleman I served felt more comfortable with the Ergobaby.
Next Up: Are Ergo Baby Carriers Worth the Money?