Why Use Eco-Friendly Cleaning Products
We all want to do the best we can for the environment and our families. Eco-friendly cleaning products are a great switch you can make that will have positive impacts both for your home and your family and for the environment.
The benefits of using green cleaning products are two-fold. You get to keep your home, dishes and clothes clean in a safe non-toxic way, and you get to do your part in protecting the environment as well.
Benefits of Eco Friendly Cleaning Products
There are a large number of benefits to using green cleaning products in your home. From choosing plastic-free products that dramatically reduce the waste you produce to choosing green cleaning products that are safe to use around your kids.
Here are some of the key benefits of using eco-friendly cleaning products:
- They make your home safer. All the eco-friendly cleaning products we stock are non-toxic making them safer not only for the planet but for you, your home and the people you live with. Chemical cleaning products can be very toxic and certainly not something you want to inhale or get on your skin.
- Green cleaning products are better for you. We might not link cleaning products to our health, but we all know the washing powder we use can affect our skin. Equally breathing in chemicals can have an impact on our health.
- Natural cleaning products are better for the planet. Flushing chemicals down the drain can have a huge negative environmental impact but there are other things to consider as well such as all the plastic bottles you are using and the amount of water that is being transported. Solid dish soap and Ocean drop cleaners are not only non-toxic but use fewer fossil fuels to transport and don't come in plastic packaging.
- They make cleaning easier. While you may currently have a whole cupboard full of cleaning products you may find that as you make the switch you realise that one product will do the job of many. Vinegar for example is as good at giving your windows a streak-free shine as it is for killing mould.
- They offer a way to be the change you want to see. It's easy to feel overwhelmed by the enormity of the problem and feel like there is nothing you can do. But every time we don't buy another disposable item we make a difference and every time we support companies that are making strides forward we are being role models to our children, families and friends.
Natural products, therefore, are better for you and the planet. And using them will not only keep your home clean but keep it green as well. And the best thing is that there's no need to sacrifice quality, these products are tried and tested and they are just as effective if not more so than their competitors. Plus they smell better as well.
Next Up: Effective Natural Cleaning Products